Great Building and Location = A Great Experience in Chicago!
Located in Chicago's center in the south Loop area. The seven-story hostel building opened in October 2000, and since then it has hosted over 110,000 overnight stays. Half of our guests come to Chicago from around the USA and the other half travel from around the world. The hostel does not have any age restrictions.
Chicago Flag Skyline
HI-Chicago Building Details
- Beautiful new hostel, big rooms
- 500 beds maximum capacity [2nd largest in USA]
- Historic building built in 1886, completely renovated in 2000
- Best location in the city center — downtown Chicago
- Safe neighborhood in the heart of the city
- Walk to all of Chicago's major attractions, museums, restaurants, music clubs
- Walk to Lake Michigan, Grant Park and Magnificent Mile
- Easy access to public transportation
- Quick and easy access to both airports: O'Hare and Midway
- Terminal, AMTRAK Station and METRA stations
- Large self-service kitchen and dining area
- Meeting rooms, library, TV room
- Full air conditioning
- Luggage storage
- Disabled accessible
Hostel Meeting Room
Our rooms are large, clean and comfortable. Rooms range in size from 6 beds to 10 beds. Rooms are single-sex. Most rooms have a shower and restroom in the room, and the hostel also has large single sex showers and restrooms. Individual lockers are provided in each room. Please bring your own lock for the lockers. All guests receive bed linens, towel and pillow.
Comfortable spaces are available for hostellers to connect with each other to trade information, tell stories, become friends, and perhaps even traveling companions. A large kitchen is provided for preparing meals adjacent to a dining room with floor to ceiling windows overlooking the "L", Chicago's historic elevated trains.
Check your email at the internet kiosks. Play billiards and table tennis with other guests or enjoy a video movie in the evening.
New friends in kitchen
Studying the world
Explore HI-Chicago Index: